IOT -Internet of Things – in simple words, it is a network your devices like speakers, doorbell, car, mobile, watch, house lights are interonnected and can be control by a internet device, and that will make our life easy. But think what happen if IOT gets hacked??
As we know Joomla is opensource, thus it has more rsik of getting hacked by hackers. We can minimize the risk of getting hacked our Joomla website by following below checklist:-
- Very important in Joomla website development, you have to be updated with latest version of Joomla CMS.
- Maintain secure / unique login credential or admin panel and database servers.
- If you are using .htaccess file, then rename that file.
- Change the default administrator panel URL with customized URL.
- You can set advanced permission to configuration file.
- While Joomla installation, change the database table prefix with another prefix
- Hackers can use log file and temp folders to hack the website, thus change the path of them.
- Remove all the unnecessary files such as extensions, articles, images form server.
- If your website have input forms, then validate those with validation library.
- You can use SSL certificates for your website to make it more secure
PHP security help in preventing the spam, warm from gaining unauthorized access to your site’s data. It helps you keep your data’s integrity and ensures availability as needed. You can start doing this in PHP with validating and sanitizing data on your site.
Validating User Input and Some Sanitization
Validating user input is the first to securing your site. Validating means verifying the data coming into your script is type of data you want, is in the propper , pure format, and is the right length. Without checking these, your site is vulnerable.