- Dependency Injection
- Use 301 redirects to point all HTTP URLs to HTTPS. This is a no-brainer to most SEOs, but you’d be surprised how often a 302 redirect finds its way to the homepage by accident
- Make sure all canonical tags point to the HTTPS version of the URL.
- Use relative URLs whenever possible in the website.
- Remove or rewrite hard-coded internal links to point to HTTPS. This is superior to pointing to the HTTP version and relying on 301 redirects.
- Register the HTTPS version in both Google and Bing Webmaster Tools.
- Use the Fetch and Render function in Webmaster Tools to ensure Google can properly crawl and render your site.
- Update your sitemaps to reflect the new URLs. Submit the new sitemaps to Webmaster Tools.
- Update your robots.txt file. Add your new sitemaps to the file. Make sure your robots.txt doesn’t block any important pages.
- If necessary, update your analytics tracking code. Most modern Google Analytics tracking snippets already handle HTTPS, but older code may need a second look.
- Implement HTTP Strict Transport Security (HSTS). This response header tells user agents to only access HTTPS pages even when directed to an HTTP page. This eliminates redirects, speeds up response time, and provides extra security.
Bounce rate is the percentage of single page visits (or web sessions). It is the number of visits in which a person leaves your website from the landing page without browsing any further. Google analytics calculates and reports the bounce rate of a web page and bounce rate of a website.
Below are some points to decrease bounce rate–
1. Very first decide what will be the minimum bounce rate for your website.
2. Create landing pages which satisfy visitor’s / users search queries.
3. Customize the Home / Landing page , which have sufficient Call to action.
4. Avoid Popups – Don’t Disrupt the UX
5. Write a blog and keep blog fresh.
6. Add suitable meta description.
7. Speed up the website.
8. Open external links in new tab / window
9. Create more internal links
On any given day a coder is running against deadlines. But in this race quality often gets hit, impacting the end product. A software engineering expert at eBay shares her insights on how to counter this