As we know Joomla is opensource, thus it has more rsik of getting hacked by hackers. We can minimize the risk of getting hacked our Joomla website by following below checklist:-
- Very important in Joomla website development, you have to be updated with latest version of Joomla CMS.
- Maintain secure / unique login credential or admin panel and database servers.
- If you are using .htaccess file, then rename that file.
- Change the default administrator panel URL with customized URL.
- You can set advanced permission to configuration file.
- While Joomla installation, change the database table prefix with another prefix
- Hackers can use log file and temp folders to hack the website, thus change the path of them.
- Remove all the unnecessary files such as extensions, articles, images form server.
- If your website have input forms, then validate those with validation library.
- You can use SSL certificates for your website to make it more secure